Syracuse Orange (14-10) vs Florida State Seminoles (20-4)
NCAA Basketball: Saturday, February 15, 2020 at 12:00 PM at Donald L. Tucker Center
Spread: Syracuse Orange (+9.5), Florida State Seminoles (-9.5)
Syracuse Looking To Get A Statement Win
The Syracuse Orange is having a good season. However, their team haven’t played well over the last four games. Over that stretch they are 1-3. Against conference rivals in the ACC the Orange have 7-6 record. Small forward Elijah Hughes is having a great season for Syracuse. He is averaging 18.6 points, 5 rebounds and 3.8 assists per game this season. Another key contributor for the Orange is Buddy Boeheim. He is averaging 16.3 points per game this season and he shoots 40 percent from the three point line. On the offensive end Syracuse averages 73 points per game and that ranks 103rd in the nation. On the defensive side they allow 68.3 points per game and that ranks 151st in the nation. Syracuse needs to get more wins against quality opponents.
Florida State Looking To Continue Their Sharp Form
The Florida State Seminoles are currently having a great season. They are ranked 8th in the nation. The Seminoles are coming off of a close 70-65 loss to Duke. Over the last 10 games the Seminoles are 8-2. On the offensive end the Florida State averages 75.3 points per game and that ranks 80th in the nation. On the defensive end they allow 65 points per game and that ranks 68th in the nation. Florida State has a very good team that can make a run to the final four during the NCAA tournament.
Syracuse Betting Trends
- Syracuse is 6-3 ATS in their last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Syracuse’s last 7 games
- The Orange are 6-3 SU in their last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 14 of Syracuse’s last 20 games this season
- Syracuse are 6-3 ATS in their last 9 games against an opponent in the Atlantic Coast conference
Florida State Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Florida State’s last 7 games
- Florida State is 13-2 SU in their last 15 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Florida State’s last 5 games against Syracuse
- Florida State is 10-0 SU in their last 10 games at home
- The Seminoles are 8-2 SU in their last 10 games this season
Syracuse small forward Elijah Hughes is questionable with a groin injury.
Free NCAA Basketball Pick
This game puts two ACC conference rivals up against each other. Over their last three head to head games against each other Florida State leads 2-1. The Seminoles are just the better team in this matchup. Their offense and defense are better than Syracuse. Florida State also have the better overall team that is ranked 8th in the nation. This game will be made harder for Syracuse if their leading scorer Elijah Hughes can’t play. At the moment he is questionable with a groin injury. I like Florida State to win this game. I will also take the OVER for this game. Florida State 80. Syracuse 68.