Memphis Tigers (21-9) vs Houston Cougars (22-8)
NCAA Basketball: Sunday, March 8, 2020 at 12:00 PM at Fertitta Center
Spread: Memphis Tigers (+9), Houston Cougars (-9)
Memphis Looking To Continue Their Winning Streak
The Memphis Tigers are playing very well this season. After losing star fresh James Wiseman to a suspension and his subsequent withdrawal from school, they have been better than most people expected. Memphis has remained respectable. Forward Precious Achiuwa is having a good season. He is averaging 15 points and 10 rebounds per game. On the offensive end Memphis averages 72 points per game, which ranks 133rd in the country. Their offense on the road takes a substantial fall. They average 63 points on the road and that ranks 283rd in the country. On the defensive end Memphis allow opponents to score 64 points per game, which ranks 54th in the country.
Houston Looking To Start A Winning Streak
The Houston Cougars are coming off of a loss to UConn. Coming into this game they will be looking to get a win against a conference rival. Houston is currently ranked 21st in the country. On the offensive end the Cougars average 72 points per game, which ranks 129th in the country. Houston are allowing opponents to score 62 points per game, which ranks 15th in the country. Their defense is better at home, where they allow opponents to score just 58 points per game and that ranks 13th in the country.
Memphis Betting Trends
- Memphis is 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Memphis’ last 6 games
- The Tigers are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games
- Memphis is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games against Houston
- Memphis is 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the American Athletic Conference
Houston Betting Trends
- Houston is 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Houston’s last 15 games
- The Cougars are 15-5 SU in their last 20 games
- Houston is 9-0 SU in their last 9 games at home
- The Cougars are 5-10 ATS in their last 15 games when playing at home against Memphis
Memphis forward Damion Baugh is questionable with a hand injury.
Houston center Chris Harris Jr. is questionable with a leg injury.
Free NCAA Basketball Game Pick
This game is the regular season for both teams. In their last game Memphis beat Houston 60-59. Over there last 10 head to head matchup both teams have split the games. Memphis’ offense on the road takes a huge stumble. At home Houston has a lockdown defense that can stop opposing teams on the offensive end. Houston only allow opponents to score 58 points per game at home and that ranks 13th in the country. I believe Houston will win this game, but I will take Memphis to cover the spread. I will also take the UNDER for this game. Houston 68. Memphis 64.