North Carolina Tar Heels (10-15) vs Notre Dame Fighting Irish (15-10)
NCAA Basketball: Monday, February 17, 2020 at 7:00 PM at Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center
Spread: North Carolina Tar Heels (+4), Notre Dame Fighting Irish (-4)
North Carolina Looking To End Losing Streak
The North Carolina Tar Heels are enduring one of their worst stretches in recent seasons. They have been really bad over their last 10 games. Over that stretch the Tar Heels are 2-8. Everything changed for North Carolina changed after their star freshman Cole Anthony suffered a knee injury that required surgery. Anthony is averaging 19 points, 6.4 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game this season. However, since he came back form injury the Tar Heels still have turned their season around. On the offensive end North Carolina averages 71 points per game and that ranks 185th in the nation. On the defensive end they allow opponents to score 71 points per game and that ranks 245th in the nation.
Notre Dame Looking To Get Back On Track
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are currently on a two game losing streak after loses to Duke and Virginia. Notre Dame have been middling of the pack all season long. Their leading scorer this season is John Mooney and he averages 16.4 points, 12.8 rebounds per game. Over there last 10 games Notre Dame is 5-5. On the offensive end they average 74 points per game and that ranks 92nd in the nation. At home their points per game on offense rises to 78 and that ranks 95th in the nation. The Fighting Irish allow opponents to score 68 points per game and that ranks 161st in the nation.
North Carolina Betting Trends
- North Carolina is 0-5 SU in their last 5 games
- The Tar Heels are 7-0 SU in their last 7 games against Notre Dame
- North Carolina is 1-6 SU in their last 7 games on the road
- The Tar Heels are 2-10 SU in their last 12 games this season
- North Carolina is 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games played in February
Notre Dame Betting Trends
- Notre Dame is 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Notre Dame’s last 9 games
- The Fighting Irish are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Notre Dame’s last 5 games against North Carolina
- The Total has gone OVER in 4 of Notre Dame’s last 5 games at home
North Carolina guard Andrew Platek is questionable with an ankle injury.
Free NCAA Basketball Game Pick
This game features two conference rivals from the ACC conference. North Carolina has dominated this matchup over the last 10 games. In that stretch North Carolina is 7-3 against Notre Dame and the Tar Heels have won the last three games. This season North Carolina haven’t been what everyone thought they would be. The Tar Heels are 2-6 on the road this season. Notre Dame is 12-3 at home this season. Being that North Carolina have struggled over there last 10 games and this game being on the road, I like Notre Dame to win this game. I will take the Under for this game. Notre Dame 78. North Carolina 70.