Philadelphia Eagles Vs Green Bay Packers
NFL Preseason game at Lambeau Field, 8:00 P.M.
Line: Eagles -1 / Over/Under: 38.5
FREE NFL PICK PHILADELPHIA EAGLES VS GREEN BAY PACKERS
Thursday night football is back! Well pre season, but the regular season is around the corner. Philadelphia Eagles vs Green Bay Packers begin their NFL pre season games. Green Bay has made a few necessary changes this offseason to get ready for hopefully a chance at the Super Bowl. Rostering one of the greatest active quarterbacks, Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay hopes their offense can take a leap this season. Green Bay finished 10-6 last season, after a trip to the Conference finals one win away from the Super Bowl, the Packers look to repeat that feat but with a different outcome this time around.
LOOK AT GREEN BAY…
- TY Montgomery looks to make the leap to full time starting role as GB’s #1 running back.
- Bringing in TE Martellus Bennett bolsters the passing game a ton.
- Plus Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson and Davante Adams, the Packers goal line offense and pass game is arguably the best in the NFL.
- Green Bay defense was among the bottom tier of NFL teams in all major defensive categories
- Averaging 24.2 points against per game
- 363 yards per game 5.9 yards per play
- Packer defense struggles, without their strong secondary, who knows what this defense would look like.
Aaron Rodgers hopes to lead this Packers team to the Conference finals once again, with the hopes of Jordy Nelson remaining healthy, and Cobb, Adams healthy the Packers passing game will be lethal. Now with Bennett on the TE option, the Packers have a magnitude of weapons. A lack of run game may hurt Green Bay this season, along with weak run game defense. The Packers defense and run game will be the thorn in their side this season.
LOOK AT PHILADELPHIA….
The Philadelphia Eagles struggled immensely last season, with a brand new coach and QB Carson Wentz along with little to no wide out options the Eagles found themselves with a 7-9 record and an early off season preparation. The Eagles made major strides this offseason with a few signings on both the defensive and offensive side of the ball.
- Acquiring WR Alshon Jeffery and Torrey Smith gives Wentz more options on the wide out position, creating a more explosive offense.
- Acquiring RB LeGarrette Blount gives the Eagles slow run game more of an upside Blount’s smash mouth style running will allow the Eagles to look run instead of pass so much next season.
- DE Chris Long, CB Patrick Robinson and OG Chance Warmack are a few other notable moves by the Eagles.
Despite a below .500 record the Eagles saw some success on the defensive side of things, ranking 13th among NFL team’s defense.
- 20.7 points per game, 331 total points allowed
- 342.8 yards per game, 5.6 yards per play
With first round Derek Barnett looking to make an immediate impact on the Eagles pass rush game, the Eagles hope to see their defense be the backbone of this team once again. The Eagles are hoping for Wentz to make a push towards leading this team into the playoffs during the 2017 season. If all wide outs stay healthy and LeGarrette Blount’s run game remains strong, Wentz will need to perform game in and game out in a tough NFC East division.
NFL PREDICTION GREEN BAY VS PHILADELPHIA BY COVER THE SPREAD 365
It’s pre season football so starters will not play the full game and it’s tough to make an educational guess here, but with the Eagles new roster and plenty of fresh faces on the offense, hopefully, their starters see enough time to give them the lead. Play it safe and go Philadelphia with the over.