NHL Hockey: Thursday, February 20, 2020 (Prudential Center)
San Jose Sharks (26-29-4) vs. New Jersey Devils (22-27-10)
San Jose Sharks +1.5, New Jersey Devils -1.5 (SJ -220, NJ +200)
NHL Scores San Jose Sharks vs. New Jersey Devils
The San Jose Sharks and the New Jersey Devils meet tonight at the Prudential Center for some NHL action. Both of these teams are on some similar trajectories, with both the Sharks and the Devils splitting their last couple of games. Both of these teams will be looking to break out of the rut that they are in, so this should be a good hockey game to watch and wager on.
In their last game, the Devils were shut out by the St. Louis Blues by a score of 3-0. Louis Domingue was in net for the Devils, and he had 36 saves on 39 attempts, but his gallant effort wasn’t enough to stop the Blues, who had two goals from Ivan Barbashev and a goal from Jaden Schwartz, respectively. Samuel Blais, Carl Gunnarson, and Oscar Sundqvist had the assists for these goals for St. Louis.
In San Jose’s last contest, they were defeated in a 5-3 affair against the Florida Panthers. The Sharks were assisted by the play of Dylan Gambrell, Kevin Lebanc, and Timo Meier, who each had a goal for the Sharks. However, due to the fact that Sharks goalie Aaron Dell was blasted for four goals, San Jose would go on to lose this game to the Panthers.
Florida Panthers Trends
- New Jersey is 6-12 SU in their last 18 games at home.
- New Jersey is 1-6 SU in their last 7 games when playing at home against San Jose.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of New Jersey’s last 10 games against an opponent in the Western Conference conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of New Jersey’s last 6 games against an opponent in the Pacific Division division.
San Jose Sharks Trends
- San Jose is 4-2 SU in their last 6 games.
- San Jose is 5-1 SU in their last 6 games against New Jersey.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Jose’s last 6 games on the road.
- San Jose is 6-1 SU in their last 7 games when playing on the road against New Jersey.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Jose’s last 7 games against an opponent in the Eastern Conference.
NHL Scores New Jersey Devils vs. San Jose Sharks
Naturally, this game presents itself as a bit of a challenging contest simply because both of these teams are fairly evenly matched. However, I’ll cast my lot with the Sharks simply because I like how they have done in those trends against the Devils. San Jose takes it.