NHL Hockey: Sunday, February 23, 2020 (Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum/Barclays Center)
San Jose Sharks (26-31-4) vs. New York Islanders (34-20-6)
New York Islanders -1.5, San Jose Sharks +1.5 (NYI -210, SJ +175)
NHL Scores San Jose Sharks vs. New York Islanders
The San Jose Sharks are in the middle of a three-game losing streak as they head out to New York City to take on the Islanders. They lost 3-2 in their last contest against the Rangers. They are facing an Islanders team that has a bit of momentum after defeating the Detroit Red Wings by a 4-1 margin. All in all, it should be a good game to watch and wager on.
When the Sharks squared off against the Rangers, they were assisted by Joe Thornton, who actually had two goals and almost guided the Sharks to victory. However, the Rangers would score the tying goal at the end of the second and then they would take the lead for good in the 3rd period. This loss came despite the fact that the Sharks outshot the Rangers by a 46-33 margin.
In the Islanders’ mop-up against the Red Wings, they were assisted by Jordan Eberle, who actually had a hat-trick in this game. The score was sitting at 3-1 because Detroit would get a goal back. However, the Islanders’ Leo Komarov would seal the deal with an empty-netter and New York would cruise to the 4-1 win.
San Jose Sharks Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Jose’s last 5 games.
- San Jose is 2-4 SU in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of San Jose’s last 8 games on the road.
- San Jose is 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against NY Islanders.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of San Jose’s last 9 games this season.
- San Jose is 1-5 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Eastern Conference conference.
New York Islanders Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Islanders’ last 5 games.
- NY Islanders are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Islanders’ last 5 games against San Jose.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of NY Islanders’ last 6 games at home.
- NY Islanders are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against San Jose.
NHL Scores New York Islanders vs. San Jose Sharks
These teams are fairly evenly-matched even though the records would indicate otherwise. However, I’m not comfortable taking San Jose in this contest because of their recent trends. I think it will be close, but I think the Islanders take this one.