NHL Hockey: Tuesday, February 25, 2020 (Wells Fargo Center)
San Jose Sharks (26-32-4) vs. Philadelphia Flyers (35-20-7)
Philadelphia Flyers -1.5, San Jose Sharks +1.5 (PHI +120, SJ -130)
NHL Scores San Jose Sharks vs. Philadelphia Flyers
The San Jose Sharks are heading into the Liberty town to take on the Philadelphia Flyers. They will be looking to snap a four-game losing streak, but not if the Flyers have something to say about that. Philly comes before their home crowd having won their last game by a score of 4-2 over the Winnipeg Jets. It is definitely an intriguing matchup to say the least and it should be a good game to watch and wager on.
There is no question that the Sharks have had a bad run lately. In their last game, it wasn’t even a contest. They lost to the New York Islanders by a score of 4-1. The Islanders started off the game by taking an early 1-0 lead, but the Sharks’ Dylan Gambrell tied the game in the first period. However, that’s all the closer that the Sharks would get as the Islanders scored three unanswered goals in order to win the game going away 4 goals to one.
On the other hand, the Flyers are doing quite a bit better than their San Jose counterparts. For example, in their 4-2 victory against Winnipeg, they had two goals from Scott Laughton and Sean Couturier and Tyler Pitlick each had a goal as well. Winnipeg would pull the score to 3-2, but they would run out of steam after that.
San Jose Sharks Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Jose’s last 6 games.
- San Jose is 1-4 SU in their last 5 games.
- San Jose is 17-3 SU in their last 20 games against Philadelphia.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Jose’s last 5 games on the road.
- San Jose is 10-1 SU in their last 11 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia.
Philadelphia Flyers Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Philadelphia’s last 6 games.
- Philadelphia is 4-1 SU in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 5 games against San Jose.
- Philadelphia is 6-1 SU in their last 7 games at home.
- Philadelphia is 1-10 SU in their last 11 games when playing at home against San Jose.
NHL Scores Philadelphia Flyers vs. San Jose Sharks
All in all, there is no way around the fact that the Flyers are simply a better team on paper than the Sharks. That’s why it’s a bit of a tough sell for what I’m about the say here, but the Sharks are tired of losing, and they have done EXTREMELY well against the Flyers. I’m going to wager the Sharks snap their losing streak against the Flyers and give them a brief setback.