NHL Hockey: Saturday, February 29, 2020 (SAP Center)
San Jose Sharks (27-33-4) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (37-20-6)
Pittsburgh Penguins -1.5, San Jose Sharks +1.5 (PIT -165, SJ +145)
NHL Scores San Jose Sharks vs. Pittsburgh Penguins
The San Jose Sharks relax at the friendly confines of the SAP Center as they prepare to take on the visiting Pittsburgh Penguins. The Sharks are coming off a game where they defeated the New Jersey Devils in thrilling fashion by a 3-2 score in overtime. On the other side of the ice, the Pittsburgh Penguins are looking to rebound after they too were in a 3-2 contest, but unfortunately, they were on the losing end against the Anaheim Ducks. Either way, it should be a fun game to watch and wager on.
There is no question that the San Jose Sharks are a team that is in need of a victory. They have lost five out of their last six games. Moreover, their offense has been a little bit low, only averaging 2.5 goals per game and scoring on just 16 percent of their power play opportunities. They will need a boost from some of their offensive leaders if they are going to have a shot against the Penguins.
Like the Sharks, the Penguins are also on a bit of a losing stretch even though they have a better overall record than the Sharks. They have actually lost five straight games. The Penguins have been averaging 3.2 goals per game, but they are also a bit iffy defensively, with an average of 2.8 goals per game allowed on defense.
San Jose Sharks Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Jose’s last 5 games.
- San Jose are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of San Jose’s last 17 games against Pittsburgh.
- San Jose are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games at home.
- San Jose are 13-4 SU in their last 17 games when playing at home against Pittsburgh.
Pittsburgh Penguins Trends
- Pittsburgh are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games.
- Pittsburgh are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against San Jose.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 6 games on the road.
- Pittsburgh are 4-13 SU in their last 17 games when playing on the road against San Jose.
- Pittsburgh are 14-5 SU in their last 19 games against an opponent in the Western Conference
NHL Scores Pittsburgh Penguins vs. San Jose Sharks
This game is definitely a tough call. On one hand, Pittsburgh has the better record and they are still contending for a playoff spot. On the other, Pittsburgh is playing just as poorly as San Jose is right now. Couple that with the fact the Sharks have done well against the Penguins head-to-head, and even though it gives me second thoughts I’ll go with the Sharks here.