NHL Hockey: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 (SAP Center)
San Jose Sharks (22-25-4) vs. Vancouver Canucks (28-18-4)
San Jose Sharks +1.5, Vancouver Canucks +1.5 (SJ -115, VAN -105)
NHL Scores Vancouver Canucks vs. San Jose Sharks
The Vancouver Canucks are going to San Jose tonight in a matchup between two Pacific division rivals. The Canucks are coming off a 3-1 victory against the St. Louis Blues. Vancouver is squaring off against the Sharks, who are currently three games under the .500 mark. However, they did win their last game against the Anaheim Ducks by a 4-2 margin. Considering that both of these teams want to continue their winning pattern, this should be an exciting ice hockey match to watch and wager on.
In their match-up against the Blues, there is no question that J.T. Miller was the star. He alone was the difference in the game, with two goals on the night. However, Bo Harvat helped out with his goal and goalkeeper Thatcher Demko had 36 saves out of 37 shots. The Canucks have been led all season long by Elias Pettersson, who has 52 points and 21 goals so far. Considering that Vancouver has so many weapons, it might be difficult for San Jose to keep up.
When the Sharks took on the Ducks, their main asset were teammates Patrick Marleau and Stefan Noesen, who each netted a goal to help San Jose’s cause. Aaron Dell was the winning goaltender for the Sharks, as he stopped 26 out of Anaheim’s 28 shots. Of course, the defense for the Sharks was a huge asset as well. San Jose will also come into this game at full strength with no one on their injury report.
Vancouver Canucks Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Vancouver’s last 5 games.
- Vancouver is 5-1 SU in their last 6 games.
- Vancouver is 4-13 SU in their last 17 games against San Jose.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Vancouver’s last 7 games on the road.
- Vancouver is 1-8 SU in their last 9 games when playing on the road against San Jose.
San Jose Sharks Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of San Jose’s last 11 games.
- San Jose is 7-13 SU in their last 20 games.
- San Jose is 4-1 SU in their last 5 games at home.
- San Jose is 8-1 SU in their last 9 games when playing at home against Vancouver.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Jose’s last 7 games this season.
NHL Scores San Jose Sharks vs. Vancouver Canucks
Yes, there is no question that Vancouver is by far the better team here. However, I keep looking at some of these trends on their side, and I just don’t care for them. I might feel differently if the Sharks were going up north into Canuck country, but I am going to look for the Sharks to win this one in a close battle. San Jose gets the “W.”