St. Louis Blues (0-0) at Winnipeg Jets (0-0)
NHL Hockey: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 (Bell MTS Place)
Line and Odds: St. Louis Blues -105, Winnipeg Jets -115
NHL Scores St. Louis Blues at Winnipeg Jets
The St. Louis Blues and the Winnipeg Jets meet in Game One of the the Western Conference Quarterfinal Series tonight. They both will be looking to get off to a good start and escape this game with a 1-0 lead. They are both riding high about their playoff bid, and this is a good opportunity to watch some postseason-caliber hockey. Here’s my catchphrase again, folks: it indeed should be a fun game to watch and wager on, LOL.
St. Louis Blues
The St. Louis Blues come into the postseason in a favorable position with the number 3 seed. They will have this seed because they had a great regular season where they accumulated 99 points. They also had a bit of a comeback of sorts in the beginning of the season, as they had a rough start and were in last place in their division. However, considering how they went on a tear in the last three months, here they sit with this position in the playoffs. Simply put, they are going to be tough to beat.
The Winnipeg Jets enter the playoffs with the second seed and they also have 99 points. The reason they are a higher seed is because they beat out St. Louis on a tiebreaker. The Jets might be a slightly better team record-wise, but there are some things about them that might make a bettor uncomfortable. We’ll cover that here in a bit.
St. Louis Blues Trends
- St. Louis is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games
- St. Louis is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- St. Louis is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- St. Louis is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- St. Louis is 4-11 ATS in its last 15 games when playing Winnipeg
Winnipeg Jets Trends
- Winnipeg is 4-11 ATS in its last 15 games
- Winnipeg is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Winnipeg’s last 7 games
- Winnipeg is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games at home
- Winnipeg is 11-4 ATS in its last 15 games when playing St. Louis
NHL Fanduel Winnipeg Jets vs. St. Louis Blues
Throughout the NHL regular season, Winnipeg was one of the hardest places to play. However, like I said, Winnipeg does have some issues going against them. First of all, the Jets did not finish very strong, and in this matchup the road team has won five out of the last six times. Thus, I am going to go ahead and go with St. Louis to win this first match-up. Either way, it will definitely be interesting to see how this series plays out.