Vancouver Canucks (16-12-4) at San Jose Sharks (15-17-2)
NHL Hockey: Saturday, December 14, 2019 (SAP Center)
San Jose Sharks -120 , Over/Under 6.5
NHL Scores San Jose Sharks vs. Vancouver Canucks
The Vancouver Canucks come into town tonight to take on the San Jose Sharks. The Canucks are coming off a challenging 1-0 overtime win against the Carolina Hurricanes. That means that Vancouver has won four out of their last six games, so they have had a bit of an erratic season.
Likewise, when the Sharks play the Canucks tonight, they will be taking on their second team in three games. San Jose started their season on a promising note, but they have been just terrible as late. The Sharks have lost their last six games, culminating in a 6-3 mop-up against the Rangers last night.
Even though the Sharks have gone through a nasty slide as of late, they are still third in their division with their record of 15-17-2 and 32 points. If the are going to pull out of this slump, it might be due in part to their main scorers Logan Couture and Evander Kane. These two have got to get their mojo back and then San Jose will get back on their winning ways. Time will tell.
How are the Canucks doing? Actually just a little bit better than San Jose. This is due in part to the fact that this team is fairly decent at getting their opponents to make mistakes, and so they have capitalized on their power play opportunities. One of their scoring leaders is Elias Pettersson, a Swedish star who is called "Slippery Pete" by the Canucks faithful. He has been hitting up the scoreboards with 31 points so far this season.
San Jose Sharks Trends
- San Jose is 7-1 SU in their last 8 games when playing at home against Vancouver.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Jose's last 6 games against an opponent in the West conference.
- San Jose is 2-4 SU in their last 6 games at home.
- San Jose is 0-6 SU in their last 6 games.
Vancouver Canucks Trends
- Vancouver is 3-12 SU in their last 15 games against San Jose.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Vancouver's last 7 games against an opponent in the West conference.
- Vancouver are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Pacific division.
- Vancouver are 3-12 SU in their last 15 games against San Jose.
Become a member and read full story
Join now to get exclusive nightly picks and access to all insider betting knowledge on every major game.