Effective Date: July 24, 2019
We gather various types of Personal Data from our users, as explained in more detail below, and we use this Personal Data internally in connection with our Services, including to personalize, provide, and improve our Services, to allow you to set up a user account and profile, to contact you and allow other users to contact you, to fulfill your requests for certain products and services, and to analyze how you use the Services. In certain cases, we may also share some Personal Data with third parties, but only as described below.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 (or under the age of 16 in the European Union). If you are under 13 (or 16 where applicable), please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Data about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under age 13 (or 16 where applicable), we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 (or 16 where applicable) may have provided us Personal Data, please contact us at [email protected].
What Information does Cover The Spread 365 Collect?
Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, through the registration process and/or through your account settings, we may collect Personal Data, including without limitation, the following:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Mailing Address
- Age and birthday
- Preferred teams, leagues and other sports preferences
- User content and other information you directly upload to the Services i.e. in comments sections, which can include Personal Data if you include Personal Data in such content
Certain information may be required to register with us, subscribe to some of our Services, or to take advantage of some of our features.
We may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may send you promotional email offers on behalf of other businesses, or email you about your use of the Services. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us make our communications with you more interesting and improve our Services. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please indicate your preference by updating your account settings or clicking ‘unsubscribe’ in our emails.
Information Collected Automatically
Whenever you interact with our Services, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser or device, which include the following:
- IP address
- Cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. web beacons, pixel tags, SDKs, etc.)
- Device identifiers
- Web browser information
- Page view statistics
- Usage information
- Location information
We use third party analytics services in order to better understand user engagement with the Website. When a user browses or uses the Website, these third party analytics services may collect the user’s IP address, browser type, and approximate location (based on the IP address). They may also use web logs or web beacons and may set and access cookies on your computer or other device.
We may use this data to customize content for you that we think you might like, based on your usage patterns. We may also use it to improve the Services – for example, this data can tell us how often users use a particular feature of the Services, and we can use that knowledge to make the Services interesting to as many users as possible.
Information Collected From Other Websites and Do Not Track Policy
Information Collected from Third Parties
We collect Personal Data about you when third parties, such as our business partners or service providers, provide us with Personal Data about you. Such third parties provide us with Personal Data about you, such as the following:
- Account information for third party services: If you interact with a third party service when using our Services, such as if you use a third party service to log-in to our Services (e.g., Facebook Connect or Twitter OAuth), or if you share content from our Services through a third party social media service, the third party service will send us information about you, such as information from your public profile, if the third party service and your account settings allow such sharing. The information we receive will depend on the policies and your account settings with the third party service.
- Information from our advertising partners: We receive information about you from some of our service providers who assist us with marketing or promotional services related to how you interact with our websites, applications, products, services, advertisements or communications.
Will Cover The Spread 365 Share Any of the Personal Data it Receives?
We do not rent or sell your Personal Data in personally identifiable form to anyone. We may share your Personal Data with third parties as described in this section:
Information that’s been de-identified. We may de-identify your Personal Data so that you are not identified as an individual, and provide that information to our partners. We may also provide aggregate usage information to our partners (or allow partners to collect that information from you), who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our Services, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience. However, we never disclose aggregate usage or de-identified information to a partner (or allow a partner to collect such information) in a manner that would identify you as an individual person.
Affiliated Businesses: In certain situations, businesses or third party websites we’re affiliated with may sell or provide products or services to you through or in connection with the Services (either alone or jointly with us). For example, we may partner with a local sports team to run a promotion for our users. You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction or service, and we will share your Personal Data with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service. We have no control over the policies and practices of third party websites or businesses as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to take part in any transaction or service relating to an affiliated website or business, please review all such business’ or websites’ policies.
- Payment processors (e.g. to receive and process your credit card transactions for us)
- Fraud prevention service providers
- Ad networks
- Analytics service providers
- Staff augmentation and contract personnel
- Hosting service providers
- Co-location service providers
- Telecommunications service providers
Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Data we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
User Profiles and Submissions: Certain user profile information, including your name, location, and any content that you have uploaded to the Services, may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Services or address your request for our services. Please remember that any content you upload to your public user profile, along with any Personal Data or content that you voluntarily disclose online in a manner other users can view (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, etc.) becomes publicly available, and can be collected and used by anyone. Your user name may also be displayed to other users if and when you send messages or comments or upload images or videos through the Services and other users can contact you through messages and comments.
Business Transfers: We may choose to buy or sell assets, and may share and/or transfer user information in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Data could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party, and we would share Personal Data with the party that is acquiring our assets. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Data as set forth in this policy.
Protection of Cover The Spread 365 and Others: We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we believe is necessary to:
- comply with applicable law, court order, or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- prevent spam or other unwanted communications and investigate or protect against fraud;
- maintain the security of our products and Services;
- protect the rights, property, or safety of Cover The Spread 365, our employees, our users, or others.
Consent: We also share information with third parties when you give us consent to do so.
Affiliates: we share Personal Data with our affiliates or other members of our corporate family.
Is Personal Data about me Secure?
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. If you access your account via a third party site or service, you may have additional or different sign-on protections via that third party site or service. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Data by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We seek to protect Personal Data using appropriate technical and organizational measures based on the type of Personal Data and applicable processing activity. Our information is stored on secure servers in the United States. Our security measures vary based on the sensitivity of the Personal Data we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. We also take measures to ensure subprocessors that process Personal Data on our behalf also have appropriate security controls in place.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Data we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. We take various steps to protect your information, including, but not limited to, the following:
- We implement technical measures to prevent unauthorized access, and keep security patches and software up-to-date
- We restrict employee access to your information on a need-to-know basis
- We store sensitive Personal Data in encrypted form
- We encrypt all Personal Data during transfer
What Personal Data can I access?
Through your account settings, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you’ve provided to us:
- name and password
- email address
- user profile information
The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Services change. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at [email protected].
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to contact us to prevent disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes; in order to submit such a request, please contact us at [email protected]com. California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to: [email protected].
What Rights Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Data?
As a resident of the United States, you have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email [email protected]. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need to you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
- Opt not to Disclose: You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us to take advantage of some of our features.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data.
- Rectification: You may be able to add, update, or delete information by contacting us at [email protected] If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. Some information may remain in our records after your deletion of such information from your account. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Data after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Data?
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us and for six (6) years after you terminate your account. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation.
Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
What if I have questions about this policy?