English Premier League
Kick Off: Saturday, 10th February at 7 PM IST
Stadium: Wembley stadium
ESPN Premier League Picks Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City F.C
Tottenham will be looking forward to get the three points to maintain their tittle bid as they host Leicester City at Wembley Stadium. Spurs have won their last three matches in the league and now begin this fixture with only five points gap with Manchester City. Tottenham are in red hot form since their defeat against Manchester United, winning three consecutive games against Fulham, Newcastle United and Watford which certainly up-lifted them in the league table. The foxes, on the other hand will look for a result after a humbling defeat against the Red devils.
Starting with the home team, Tottenham will hope to play better than the three games where they managed to score late to get the much needed points. Over the recent times, Spurs have had issues with injuries as Alli and Kane were side-lined with hamstring and ankle injury respectively. However , they have managed to secure wins without these key players. Son Heung Min’s performances are pivotal for Tottenham to get the three points, as he has been directly involved in 14 goals in his last 10 appearances (9 goals & 5 assists). Tottenham have won last 4 out of their 5 games, scoring 8 goals and conceding 3 goals.
Tottenham will line up 4-2-3-1 : Lloris, Trippier, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Sissoko, Winks, Lamela, Eriksen, Son, Llorente.
Injury – Kane (Ankle), Alli ( hamstring), Ben Davies , Eric Dier ( Doubt)
Coming to the away team, Leicester City contest their third consecutive game against top six sides in the Premier League when they face Tottenham at Wembley. The Foxes looked threatening against Manchester United where they showed glimpses of good spells during the match which just lacked finesse and the final touch to secure a point. Leicester will look to play free – flowing counter attacking football with Vardy leading the attack. They can also bring on their loan signing Youri Tielemans, who certainly brings out the midfield flair. Leicester will look to get a good result as Claude Puel faces immense pressure.
Leicester City will lineup 4-2-3-1 : K. Schmeichel, Ricardo , Maguire , Evans , Chilwell, Tielemans, Ndidi, Gray, Maddison, Barnes, Vardy.
Injury – Marc Albrighton , Daniel Amatrey.
Cover the spread Betting trends :-
- Tottenham have won three of their last four Premier League games against Leicester City (L1), winning the last two in a row.
- Leicester failed to score in the reverse fixture against Spurs, losing 0-2. They last failed to net in two consecutive league games against the Lilywhites in November 2000.
- Leicester have won just one of their last 11 Premier League away games in London (D4 L6), beating Chelsea on their last such visit in December.
- Tottenham have set a new Premier League record of going 29 Premier League games without a single draw. The last top-flight team to have a longer run were Portsmouth between March 1928-February 1929 (38 games).
- Tottenham have lost three of their five Sunday Premier League games this season (W2), including their only previous one at home so far (0-1 vs Manchester United).
ESPN Premier League Picks Leicester City F.C vs Tottenham Hotspur
This seems to be a one-sided clash but there is more to it. My prediction includes first draw for Tottenham in the Premier League campaign with the injury problems. Leicester will sit deep and will look to frustrate Spurs by replicating Newcastle United.
Predicted score – 1-1