Event: NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Series – Toyota Save/Mart 350
Date: Sunday, June 25th, 2017; 3:00 PM ET
Track: 1.99-mile road course with 12 turns
Distance: 110 Laps (219 miles)
Location: Sonoma Raceway, Sonoma, CA
TV: Fox Sports 1
FREE NASCAR PICKS AND PREDICTIONS
How To Bet On NASCAR
If you’re betting on NASCAR, there are two main options for it. The first is to predict the winner of the race. If you go that route, you’ll see odds of +250, +500, +1500 and all those mean is that if you bet $100, you’ll win the amount after the plus sign. Now you can also bet on head-to-head matchups in NASCAR. What this means is when there are two drives pitted against each other by the odds makers, you decide which driver you think will have the better finish. They don’t have to win the race outright but they do have to finish ahead of the driver you are betting against.
- Kyle Busch -Busch has won the Toyota / Save Mart 350 twice and did finish seventh last year. Busch has four top-10 finishes overall at the Sonoma Raceway. Here’s to the 32-year-old finally getting his first victory of the season.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. -Earnhardt really struggled in these races for most of his career but he worked on his technique and now he is one of the best drivers in the field. Earnhardt has the fourth-best driver ranking and the eighth-best average finishing position in the last four races at Sonoma. My only concern is his ability to shift gears in the car. Earnhardt blew two engines at Pocono for improper shifting. Earnhardt will have value if he looks good in practice this week.
- Clint Bowyer will be in the car that won this race last year. Bowyer was one of the best drivers in the sport at Sonoma before he moved to HSott Motorsports last year. Bowyer should once again be at the top of your list of drivers now that he has a good car from Stewart-Haas Racing. Bowyer finished eight of the last 10 races at Sonoma in the top 10, including a victory in 2012.
FREE NASCAR Odds, Pick, Predictions, Dark Horses
- Jimmie Johnson – Johnson won this event back in 2010 and has finished ninth or better in seven of his last eight appearances at the Sonoma Raceway. Few have been as consistent on this track over the years as Johnson, so playing him this week is also a smart bet.
- Martin Truex Jr. – Martin Truex Jr. has finished no worse than sixth in his last five races and has eight top-10 finishes in his last nine races overall. Not to mentions, Truex won the Toyota / Save Mart 350 in 2013 and was fifth last year. In his last six appearances at the Sonoma Raceway, Truex has finished eighth or better. There’s a decent chance Truex wins his third race of the season here.
Winners of the Toyota Save/Mart 350
|2016||Tony Stewart||Stewart-Haas Racing|
|2015||Kyle Busch||Joe Gibbs Racing|
|2014||Carl Edwards||Roush Fenway Racing|
|2013||Martin Truex Jr.||Michael Waltrip Racing|
|2012||Clint Bowyer||Michael Waltrip Racing|
Four of the last six winners at Sonoma have started 10th or lower as teams are taking more chances staying out on cautions and trying to turn it into a fuel-mileage race. Go with Kurt Busch, who finished 10th here in 2016 and won the 2011 race.
- Kyle Bush (+110) vs Martin Truex Jr. (-130)
- Clint Bowyer (-110) vs Jimmie Johnson (-110)
- Jimmie Johnson (-110) vs Kyle Larson (+130)
- Martin Truex Jr. (-130) vs Kevin Harvick (+145)